Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Just Me.

I actually had to think for a bit to decide on what I should write about myself. I will start with the basics first. My name is Randy Lee and I am currently a Media Studies major. I had a small role in media making when I used to intern for DramaFever which is a video streaming website. DramaFever focused on streaming Asian dramas targeting the American viewers. Also, this is the first website to have licensing deals with KBS, SBS, MBC, CCTV, and more which makes watching the Asian dramas legal! At the time when I was interning, I learned basic editing using Final Cut Pro, subtitle editing, and placing advertisements on certain times during the dramas. So, if anyone is interested in knowing more about DramaFever, click here!

During my time there, it was a great and fun experience! Now, I am currently working at a gourmet shop called McNulty's Tea & Coffee Co. I began working here last January of 2011. I hardly use this word, but I NEVER drank coffee before I worked here. I never liked the taste because coffee was too bitter for me. I love to drink tea on a daily basis though! I love to drink Oolong, White, and Green Tea! But, while working here, customers don't know much about coffee or tea since we provide a wide amount of choices to select from. Therefore, customers always ask for recommendations on what is good for them. (e.g: mild, medium, or strong coffee, same goes for tea) Not drinking coffee from the past, of course, I have to drink it myself so I can provide my feedback to them on what is good to me or not. And since working here, I drink coffee and tea on a daily basis. No sugar or milk on any of my beverages. Why add unnecessary products to good coffee?

I thought that way when I went to Hong Kong during the winter break when I researched where I can find the most rarest and expensive coffee by the cup. That coffee was known as Kopi Luwak where it was being served at the Intercontinental Hong Kong. So, I ordered a cup for $188 HK dollars (roughly $25 USD) and couldn't wait to try it. I drank it straight up and it actually tasted good. It had a bit of a sweet aftertaste to it. It never crossed my mind about how disgusting on how the process of the coffee was made. Considered it to be the world's most expensive coffee, I wanted to try it for myself! Here is the picture of it before I drank it.




I was also given a Certificate of Authenticity which was really cool!

To describe myself briefly, I enjoy traveling, learning about new cultures, and of course, trying different types of foods! Very simple...oh yes, I am also a HUGE New York Yankees fan! Love the moves Brian Cashman made this offseason!

No comments:

Post a Comment