Friday, February 3, 2012

Express Yourself

Hi! My name is Shira. I was born and raised in New York. Growing up with a Moroccan father and a mother whose parents were both Polish and in the Holocaust had an impact on me. My parents have both been through unique experiences because of our religion, which is Judaism. I visit Israel at least once every year. Two of three of my siblings live in Israel along with my father's enormous family. It is my "break from NY trip". 

Who do I think I am? It is hard for me to actually write it down rather than to verbalize it. Writing has always been a struggle of mine. I am not the strongest writer, but here we go! I am someone who cares a lot about my family and friends. I love to help people and learn from others. Everyone has their "shit" days, but it is crazy when you take a step back and realize what is going on. Living? What is that? I tend to get very deep and sometimes think about how crazy-amazing-weird it is that we are all here, together, on this planet. If we are here, why not do things that we want to do. One of the things I decided to do was switch my major from Economics to Media. 

One of the reasons I chose media is because I was asked last Spring to do Public Relations work for a friend's production company, Catstein Pictures, LLC. Since they are located in Los Angeles, I basically do a lot of online media blasts and networking here in New York. I figured learning more about media could only help. I recently created a twitter to start networking and to spread the word about  Catstein Pictures. 

I have always secretly wanted to learn more about media, cameras specifically. I love pictures and videos. Pictures have always grabbed my creative attention and videos have always allowed me to act a fool. I think I am ready to learn and start playing with professional cameras. My other secret, which isn't going to be such a secret anymore, is that I would like to try acting. I don't think I would pursue it professionally, but you never know! I love going crazy and expressing myself. Acting is an art in which I feel I can truly do that and get satisfaction from it. 

I am always up for new things and challenges. I am excited about this class and do see it as a challenge for me. I am not the best presenter/public speaker. I feel that this class will help me with public speaking as well as other things that I may not have even been aware of. 

So I LOVE basketball.... LOVE. Playing/Watching/Discussing... Everything. 


OUYSH!! My newborn Nephew in Israel :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment