Friday, February 3, 2012



Who do I think I am is a question that I simply can't answer. I can start off by telling what others have thought of me. To many people I am a daughter, provider, friend, or just another girl living what i like to call the life of trails and tribulations. In this short 21 years of my life, i realize that whatever I believe myself to be , there are those who will always see me in a different light. It is kind of funny to be in a society where others can play on what is consider normal. Every time I look around me there is always something that telling me to change my appearance or the the way i should go about living. I can't even get on the train, watch television, or walk down the street without something telling me that i need to just be different. Media is constantly trying to get me more involved on what they are trying to sell to others, including me, that is suppose to be the right way of choosing what should be your apart of your life. If you feel like heels are in, they will soon tell you flats are better. If you feel like your body is perfect, soon there is an ad telling you different. How can I be me if every decision I make must be be subject to what others will think of me. So who do i think I am have its way of being manipulated by others.

My name is Genea. I am an only child , who mother happen to be an only child as well. I have not made up my mind to what I want to be in life so my major is undecided. My biggest fear in the world is to fail. I once had a conversation with a friend who ask ' Do you think to fail is not to try'. This question stuck to me because in life i seen myself trying to be the best at anything i do and nothing going my way. I consider myself to be a failure at everything i did. But ' to not to try' had me thinking another way. If i never tried to do what i wanted to do, it would not shape the person I am today. So who i think I am or rather I am know I am not . I, Genea, is not a failure.


No comments:

Post a Comment