Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Interesting Things of Me


It is always difficult to get a perfect answer to the question of identify myself. Let me start from the basis, my name is Xin Wen Tan, or I preferred to be called as Michelle. I came from a tradition family which my parents have a high expectation of my future nursing career. To make my parents happy, I studied hard and get good grades that as what I considered; however, they never satisfy with my grades and thought I could do better. Sometimes I find this high expectation a little too stressful, and I am not sure if nursing is the career that I do for the rest of my life.

I like to travel a lot, especially with my friends because we can make jokes about anything and don’t need to worry if someone (like my parents and relatives) would pick on me for not study hard enough to achieve in academic fields. I would always like to challenge myself to do something in which I’ve never done before, such as rafting, I went to Delaware River three times for this activity. The last time was the most memorable because there was a thunderstorm and lightning occurring  while I was still in the water with my friends, I thought my life would ended there.

As in media consumption, I do spend a lot of time in Facebook, iTunes, MSN, NY Times online, etc. Every time I go out for a meal in restaurants or food courts, I would take a picture of the food, along with my comments of the food/services and check-in using Facebook; this way allows my friends to have choices when deciding to go out for food. Additionally, I think the mass consumption of media allows us to seek the learning information about the world, and to interact with the people around us. Nowadays most people consuming media through their smart phones. I think this is really an advantage to our lives. With one phone in hand, this enables us to be the first one to know international events.

This is the Delaware River, isn't it beautiful?


This is the FUN part during the rafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment