Sunday, February 5, 2012

Can I even be defined?

My name is Yulissa Vicente but everyone  calls me Yuli or Julie however you may want to spell it.  I was born and raised in the Bronx to Dominican parents.  I love going back to the Dominican Republic to visit my family; I was raised to be very family-oriented.  I am currently a lower senior at Hunter College, pretty excited about graduating but still so unsure of where I would like to go with my major, Media Studies.  I have taken a variety of classes which have led me to Public Relations and Advertising, well more to the Publicist side of it. I love music and I guess some reality shows are my guilty pleasure.  I love cameras so I would also love to get into broadcasting.  I guess once I start applying to some internships I'll know what I really want to do.

What I am is a HUGE Yankees fan. Here they are: Bronx Bombers. I love sports.  I have even thought of being an announcer for baseball games, that's how much I love it.  If I ever miss a game, I even have an app on my phone that updates me play by play (thank God for iPhones)!  At first glance people always assume I'm a very girly girl.  Don't get me wrong I love getting my hair and nails done, love wearing heels and dresses but I also love sports and cars.  I have had many debates with boys I would say, not men, because they think that I know absolutely nothing about sports.  Very big surprise for them at the end =).  I'm a very happy person, always smiling, easy going and I love meeting new people.  Working at an accountant office for two years now has taught me so much about myself.  I was very shy, and still am.  Dealing with people I have learned how much patience I have, not too many people are blessed with that.  I LOVE gold! And I honestly can't say why I do, I just do.  

Ooh and how could I forget, I love to dance.  I dance the typical spanish music at family parties or when I go out with my friends but that's not all.  Throughout high school I was a part of a dance group.  We had many shows during the year.  I enjoy it very well.  I would say that when I'm on a stage or even practicing or learning a new choreography I become a different person; I completely forget about the world. I focus on nothing but dancing.  It helps me relieve stress and take my mind off of many things because, like everyone else, I have a life.  Look here, can you tell I love to dance? 

This was right before my final performance for a Hip-Hop class I took at Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment