Saturday, February 4, 2012

How I am

Untitled from Julia Ford on Vimeo.



I am Judy, I'm indeed a complicated soul, I'm an alien I'm a legal alien I'm an Estonian women in New York.
I am a professional artist and art is my life and passion. I have 27 years of experience working with a variety of art techniques: painting, print making, collage, drawing and sculpture. The murals has become a reason d’ĂȘtre is my most favorite pastimes.
It was important for me that my style is recognizable. Because my expressive impression is a reflection of my inner world through the system of concepts in my paintings; it is based on the expression of the painting act itself. I have created a unique brush technique. It is a tedious process, which demands great amounts of time. Manually painting every single dot in a Seuratesque fashion, each painting or mural requires two, to three months of completion. The uniqueness is also represented through the encoded messages of my paintings, which might also be a part of hitherto unknown language. I depicted the cosmos in my works for the first time as long ago as 1987. These works were inspired by the unforgettable experience of seeing a UFO. My own artistic language and painting techniques were a response to this event in the past. It also became a cause and a kind of starting point for a series passion for philosophy and psychology. I was a young painter at that time and started to think about the painful pursuit of the meaning the human life has, the paradoxical and illogical things in life and of course the conditions and imaginary origins transcendental being. I always try to find a special state of mind when I enter the world of art. It is the motion in its physical, philosophical and sacral senses, the phenomena and subjects which one can call cosmic, the dreams of an unimaginably enormous universe. The personal philosophy of the world, its ways, beautiful things, sense and sensibility is a major subject in my works.
The distinctive feature of the new technique I use is that even visually impaired people get a chance to “see” my paintings. This is because every form of my paintings has protuberant contours and a special relief made by a brash, acrylic or oil paint. I want my art to be doors into the world of creation for everybody-with no exemptions! Throughout my art career I have had numerous students, to whom I taught my unique style of painting. I also have the experience of lecturing about my techniques and new directions in art to groups of students of all levels. I am currently working with mental disabled people as a PR and an artist consultant in a non-profit organization. I am helping my students develop and produce the veraity of the forms of visual art expression and promote their final creations to institute major change in communities around the world. I would love to spread our artistic message globally to connect communities, bridge cultural barriers and promote healing.

1 comment: