Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Who do you think you are, by Ian Jensen.

I am a tech support person at a law firm who used to do standup comedy. I am also someone who doesn't know what to write to get an A on this assignment. To be honest I've written 3 different posts here totally probably 5-6 hours and now I've made it to the "I don't know who I am anymore" post. I still think this post feels like a personal ad.

Media plays a big part in my life. I can can agree with some media and disagree with others but I use both to define me. It wasn't my plan but I know I wouldn't have an opinion on half of these things without media to expose me to it. I suppose it constantly forces me to have an opinion on everything I see but now defining myself as a person has become a lot more complex.

I think who i am changes day to day. Right now I'm a white male whose in a class about women in media and hopes to get as much out of it as I can. Either way I will probably become someone different. Then this post won't matter and I'll look back on it wondering who I was on this day. So I think who I am can only be defined moment by moment because I've written 3 blog posts answering "Who do I think I am" and it was wildy different each time.

If I could be someone I would be a combination of these people:

Bill Burr

Bill cosby

Bill Hicks

1 comment:

  1. Wow Ian. You are so insightful. I wish I were you. You inspire me.

    -Ian

    ReplyDelete