Friday, February 3, 2012

I am who I am


My name Jiaying Chen, my English name is Queenie. First, I would like to do a little introduction of myself. I was born in China, and immigrated to United States since I was 13. It was hard for me to started off a new life and learned a brand new language. I used almost few months to get used to the life in America and picked up school works. As of now, I am 23 years old, I am an citizen of United States, and I pretty much got Americanized.

When I was young, I have been doing things that my parents told me to do so. When I was 18, I choose my own college, which is Hunter College, and started my own journey here. My parents always wanted me to become a nurse, which the society now needs massive employments. But I wanted to major in Media Studies. Why? Because I believe I can get to learn and explore more in life. Time flies, there is no time for me to regret and I will not regret. I like Media studies and I have plenty passion on it. I desire to learn more and I have fate of myself, I will become a successful, strong and independent woman in the future.

In February of 2011, I started to work as a paid intern in one of the biggest Chinese newspaper company in America - Sing Tao Daily. (www.nysingtao.com) I take advantage of my both first language, which it is Chinese and English. I kn
ow how to read, write, and type Chinese, and I speak both major version of Chinese, which is Mandarin and Cantonese. I work in Advertising and Marketing Department as an Event Planner. To conclude the experience of this type of job, I would say a successful event needs massive efforts of whole crew. Of course, I work under a great leader. I admire her acknowledge and leadership. As of today, I have helped to plan few big event in Sing Tao Daily, such as Mother's day event, Financial Seminar, Miss Asian American of North Pageant and more. I learned and grew so much in Sing Tao Daily.

After graduate, I would like to take my advantage of my working experience to try more different jobs in Media field. I am going to work hard and never let my parents down. This is who am I, and I am Queenie Chen.

No comments:

Post a Comment