Saturday, May 12, 2012

Representation of Women in Literature 

    As an English Major true to my heart, I thought I would offer a critical analysis (as I've been drilled to do for most of my life) of the role of women in some of our most contemporary popular literature. So I chose Harry Potter, Twilight, and the Hunger Games as vehicles through which I would examine exactly what messages our young readers in particular are walking away with, specifically in regards to women. Because just like the rest of the media, whether we realize it or not, books too affect us and change us and often mold the way we think. Here is what I came up with:



                          
                                                       Direct link to this video on YouTube

Disclaimer! This is my first time creating any time of video and by the time I realized that I don't sound the same on video as I do in my head, I was already in too deep. So I sincerely apologize for my boring, monotonous tone (I didn't realize these things needed more than one take and after the fourth, I was beat). I tried to liven it up with images as much as possible and I did borrow images from the movie adaptations of the novels, as once we have a face for a name, it usually sticks.

For my image, this is what I looked like at 5am last night. My own doing, I know.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxX9OtpYVYM

No comments:

Post a Comment