Saturday, May 12, 2012

Finale

Found here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/93337410/The-Patriarchal-Paradigm

Patriarchy! Most people hate it, some don't know what it is. I was inspired to write a paper for a number of reasons, and this class provided the appropriate venue to do so. When Transformers 2 came out in theaters, I was convinced to watch it with my friends. After it was over, I was perplexed at how sexist and racist it was, which went unnoticed by my peers. When I asked about what they thought about how women were portrayed, I was met with the response of "that's not what the movie was about though." And then I thought about the children that watched it, the women, and people who didn't pick up on any of the subtle and subliminal imagery shown on screen and my mind was blown wide open. Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen currently sits at the #11 slot of the top grossing movies of all time. The connections should be apparent. This is just one event that caused me to keep an open eye.

Thus, my paper aims to be a mini guide to patriarchy; to show what it is, what it does, how it works, and why it is detrimental to society on a grand scale.

-Pablo Dominguez

webmail.hunter.cuny.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment