Saturday, May 12, 2012

Final Project: A Day.

For my final project I made a short film. Since I only just finished it, I'm still at that point where I don't even know what I think of it yet. I do know this ... 


Every story spoken in the film is true for someone. For each story there is a woman that walks around with it daily -- maybe not at the top of her consciousness but somewhere in the way that she walks through the world.


Link to Short Film 


In case the link for some reason does not work, here is the URL to copy and paste:  

http://youtu.be/6q5s2-0Zpf0





Along with the movie, I am creating a blog. It will start off as a place for me to write about the process of making the movie, post extras and allow people to comment and discuss. New content will be posted by next class and I will add a link to our Women and Media blog as soon as it's ready.


As Professor Cacoilo might put it, this is very much "Version #1". I will be revisiting the material and trying to find new and interesting ways to approach the idea.

I would also like the blog to be a place where women can anonymously talk about the stories that inform their day. I truly believe that sharing our experiences -- both men and women -- is the only way to start closing the divide.


Thanks and I hope you enjoy.

Tess Michelitch/ Gilly Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment