Saturday, May 12, 2012

Media 384 Final Project

For my final project I compiled a variety of images, video and narration to show how women are portrayed in advertising. After recording a variety of videos around Manhattan I noticed that not only are women protrayed in a sexualized waythey are rarely, if at all, presented as having a career or any profession other than a bathing suit model, underwear model, or under dressed actress. After helping others with their project I learned that many women on a daily basis are cat called or spoken to by a variety of men that used profane or offensive language to comment on a woman's appearance. It's something I don't see or witness very often and it was hard for me to understand until I heard from these women what things are said to them and how they have to deal with these comments all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment