Saturday, May 12, 2012

You Are Not Alone

In schools today, there really isn't a forum where young teenage girls can feel comfortable asking private questions they may have or thoughts they may think are weird in a non threatening environment. I decided to create a space online where girls can see that they are not alone.

I conducted a series of interviews regarding my potential idea. I would like to use the internet and create an online web series, where once a week a group of girls(of all ages) discuss topics that we all have questions about(regardless of our age). This is for everyone, especially the shy girls, who wouldn't attend a local after school space where these things are free to be discussed. This is a space where questions are not to be questioned. Even for the girls that do attend a comfortable place where they can discuss everything freely. Maybe they still have some questions that they think are too weird to even be discussed.    

By having it online, these girls can send emails and ask certain questions they would like to see discussed. Hopefully, they will understand that we all have questions, nothing is ever weird and that they are definitely NOT alone.

Something that I would want people to take away from this project proposal, would be more so that these private things that we keep silent, should be brought more into the conversations we have, especially with the people who we care about and who care for us.

This whole semester, I have been absorbing a lot of information about women and media. I think that because of the dialogue and class dissucssions, I felt that I could have more of these conversations outside of the classroom. Because that is the whole issue. Everyone keeps quiet. I know it may sound silly but, I would like to Create awareness that it is okay to speak up what you think, or are curious about and to feel that it is most certainly the opposite of strange, would be my ideal goal overall.


Below is the video feedback from people I interviewed about the project. 




No comments:

Post a Comment